Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect certain personal information about you when you use our website and when you purchase something from our online store, as part of the buying and selling process. Some of this personal information is collected directly, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, date of birth, address, email address, and details of the products you purchase, and some is collected indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
When placing an order with us, you consent to receive ongoing communications from our customer care team to ensure that we can provide aftercare services and advice in relation to the optical appliances you have been supplied. The aftercare services will include but are not limited to, advice on insertion and removal of lenses, wearing schedules, caring for lenses, our eye care hub literature, hygiene, and emergency situations.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
The personal information we may collect about you includes:
- your name, address, date of birth, and contact details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post, or social media
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us (including newsletters) and your communication preferences
- registration data (e.g. username/passwords)
- details of any request you make through the “Refer a Friend” function of our website
- transaction data* (e.g. details about payments to/from web users)
- information about the products and services we provide to you
- information about how you use our website
- your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
We use this personal information to:
- use data analytics to improve our website, apps, and services
- administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and system maintenance)
- process orders, payments, and refunds
- customize the website and its content to your particular preferences, to create and manage your account, verify your identity, provide goods and services, and improve our services
- tailor the online advertisements you see
- make suggestions to you about events or services that may be of interest to you
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- with service providers: we may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, for payment processing, to contact you.
- for business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
- with business partners: we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- with other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social Media Service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Retention of your personal data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How we protect your data
- The security and confidentiality of your personal data is very important to us, so we take extra care to ensure it is protected.
- We use strong encryption where necessary as an added layer of protection.
- We will always confirm your identity before discussing your account with you.
- We only collect the information we need, and we only provide access to your data to members of staff who require it as part of their role in providing our products and services to you.
- Almost everything we do is digital which makes looking after your data easier.
- We use modern firewalls and have multiple layers of active protection and monitoring in place to prevent cyber-attacks.
- We perform penetration testing and security scanning on our systems to ensure our protections are up to the job.
- Our staff is trained specifically in data protection and cybersecurity.
A cookie is a small text file containing information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. A cookie cannot give us access to your computer or to your personal information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; consult your browser’s manual or online help if you want information on restricting or disabling the browser’s handling of cookies. If you disable cookies, you can still view the information on our website, but the functionality of certain areas may be reduced.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10 EUR to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can reach Pupilo by email: email@example.com, by phone at +372 5682 1121, or by mail. Our address: Tulika 15/17, office 323, Tallinn, Estonia, 10613.