Terms and Conditions
Terms of Service
Welcome to the www.pupilo.eu (“Pupilo”) website. The following Terms of Service govern your use of this website. If you visit or shop at Pupilo, you accept these conditions, so please read them carefully.
No Professional Advice
- Any information supplied through this website or by any of our employees or agents, whether by telephone, e-mail, letter, facsimile, or another form of communication, is for informational purposes or general guidance and does not constitute medical or other professional advice.
Obligations of customers
Valid prescription required
- You hereby certify that you have a valid prescription for the eyeglasses that you are ordering. You warrant that your prescription is used in accordance with the guidance of your eye care provider and by placing an order with Pupilo that the information you entered is valid, true, and correct. You further certify that your prescription has not expired, and you will renew your prescription in strict accordance with your eye care provider’s suggested regime. You understand that Pupilo will not fulfill your order unless you have a valid prescription. You hereby agree that Pupilo and/or its representatives may contact your eye care provider identified on the prescription with questions, comments, or concerns regarding your prescription. Pupilo and/or its representatives may also request your eye care practitioner to provide Pupilo with a copy of your original prescription, if necessary, to verify your prescription information and/or discuss your prescription.
- Production times for prescription lenses vary in business days depending on the intricacy of the prescription and the type of lens required. Once your lenses have been crafted and mounted into the frame, they will be shipped to you using your chosen shipping method.
- Your wait time depends on your lens type. Some products are in stock, and others — including toric/astigmatism, RGP, and multifocal lenses — are custom orders through the manufacturer. Production times are listed on product pages under the heading “Availability.” Once your contact lenses are in stock, they should be shipped within 1–2 business days and will arrive within the time estimate provided by your chosen shipping method.
- When your order ships, you will be sent an email confirmation that includes a tracking number and instructions for how to track your order online.
- Please keep in mind that customer service representatives inspect and verify each and every eyeglass order. If your eyeglasses happen to fail quality assurance, your expected delivery time will be delayed. You will be kept up-to-date on any delays via email.
- We have made every effort to describe and display as accurately as possible the colors, the designs, and the material used for the production of products being featured at Pupilo. However, the images are a representation only. The actual colors and the clarity of the photos of our products you see may differ from the represented images; it will depend on your monitor, and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be accurate. We also cannot guarantee that the images of the products featured at Pupilo have depicted every detail of the products. We have attempted to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that the product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by Pupilo is not as described, you may return it in unused condition with full contents to Pupilo.
Prices and Payments
- Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Pupilo.
- We will use our best endeavors to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price-related information stated in our current catalog and on the Site.
- However, we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, the customer care representative reviewing and authorizing your Order will notify you of the error before your payment is processed. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
- The price you pay is a retail price as appearing in your basket. In certain territories where we sell, we are required to report part of the sale price to the relevant tax jurisdiction and pay that amount in tax. We do not adjust our prices depending on the sales tax suffered, which varies from country to country. And we do not add the tax to any amount shown in your basket.
- In some delivery countries, there may be rules imposed locally that will charge import VAT to the purchaser. Pupilo is unable to provide any refunds for such costs.
Delivery and carriage
- We will make reasonable endeavors to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
- You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
- Delivery of the Goods will be sent to the address you provided when you placed your Order.
- If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
- In the case of non-delivery, if either Pupilo or our courier is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery.
Force Majeure (events outside of your or our control)
- Neither Pupilo nor you will be obliged to fulfill any contractual obligation if either of us is prevented from so doing due to a circumstance outside our respective control, including but not limited to postal strikes, electrical failure, transport interruption, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war, or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or another natural disaster, the impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport, the impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks, the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government, etc. (“Force Majeure”). For the purposes of any Agreement and in addition to the above definition and any cases implied by law, Force Majeure will be defined as any and all external causes, whether foreseen or unforeseen, which are beyond Pupilo’s control, but as a consequence of which Pupilo is unable to fulfill its obligations.
- While a Force Majeure continues to operate, you and Pupilo may suspend their respective obligations under any Agreement. If this period of suspension lasts over 40 days (from the date of our confirmation of your order), either party will be entitled to treat any order accepted by Pupilo as terminated without further obligation to the other.
- If Pupilo has already fulfilled its obligations under any Agreement in part when the Force Majeure occurs, Pupilo will be entitled to charge you for that fulfilled part.
- Once a Force Majeure is operating, if you have paid for a product yet to be dispatched to you, Pupilo shall return to you the amount paid.
Refund / replacement
- Pupilo will issue a full refund or replacement of goods in all instances where:
- prescription glasses/sunglasses or contact lenses are supplied to the wrong prescription/specification.
- products are supplied damaged
- products ordered by you (and which are confirmed by Pupilo as available within 21 days of the dispatch date do not arrive at the delivery address
- products you have ordered are returned to Pupilo as undeliverable by the postal service
- you exercise your cancellation right, and you have canceled the Contract between us within the fourteen-day cooling-off period.
- A refund or replacement will be issued to you following receipt by Pupilo of the returned goods. Such refund or replacement will be provided within 14 days of the date the returned goods are received.
- Prescription glasses: can be returned to Pupilo or to the address provided by Customer Service (set out below or in the MyAccount section)
- Contact lenses: can be returned to the address provided by Customer Service (set out below or in the MyAccount section)